Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 4: My time in Beijing

I only have a few days left in the internship and in Beijing and right now I’m feeling nostalgic for the beginning days of my time in Beijing. I truly hate that it is coming to an end so fast. Again, it is best to sign up for a longer internship you will not only get more out of your internship work experience wise and get more of feel of what it is actually like to live in Beijing.


In undertaking the internship through CRCC I would definitely recommend to try and participate in most if not all the events they set up. Dumpling making, the community service outreach event and mandarin classes are the main is what I recommend you at least sign up for.


This weeks highlights


Olympic Park


We decided to change up some of our sightseeing adventures opting for something less old historical. One of groups members is a huge Olympics fan so it was a joy and also really really funny to watch her fan girl over the park area.


The park is quite spectacular however it is recommended that you get there late in the afternoon or at night when everything lights up. The atmosphere just around the buildings is buzzing. Quite a few things happen around there. You can see what seems like roller-skating battles in which people do some awesome roller-skating tricks to music.


Roller Skating in Olympic Park (Medium)

Roller skating at Olympic Park


Wall of Medal Winners at Beijing Olympics (Medium)

Wall of medal winners at Olympic games 2008


Tex mex


I feel pretty bad that one of the last few meals I had in Beijing was Tex Mex, but I really enjoyed it. Just in the main narrow lanes across the lama temple is a Tex Mex restaurant. If you’re craving something different this might be worth a try.


During my time in Beijing I have met some wonderful people. The interns I got to spend time with made the process of working and living in another country easier. For one it was nice to share the same doubt in your abilities to do an internship, but also since I can’t cook it was great having two people around who could. The importance of social media, specifically WeChat will ensure that our friendships will continue as strong as they are now. I am truly grateful to have met some wonderfully odd people.


The post Week 4: My time in Beijing appeared first on CRCC Asia.


No comments:

Post a Comment