Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Week in Beijing

I cannot believe that this week has gone so fast!

It is surreal to know that I have survived this whirlwind of a week. I have listened to and retained a mountain load of new and important information, visited numerous places, learnt the basics of a new language and met some amazing people.

On Thursday 3rd December I arrived in quite late and was very relieved to see Stephanie (the representative form CRCC Asia) waiting for me, and the other interns arriving at around the same time, at the designated meeting place. I was relieved to discover that the apartment complex that I will be calling home for the next couple of moths is clean, professional, secure and in a great location.

Friday was an action packed day were we learnt the basics of China and Chinese culture, were shown our bus and train routs to work or language school and met all the interns at a traditional Chinese banquet just across the road from our apartments. The sky was clear, the air was clean and the sun was out! (I’ve attached a photo in case you don’t believe me!!)

Since then we have had a mixture of great weather, while we visited Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden city, as well as the first ever code red air pollution day in the history of China as wee navigated the transport network and attempted to make our way to language classes and other exciting destinations such as the Nanluoguxiang traditional hutong markets, the International bar district and the super modern 789 Art Zone. Smog masks were a must!

All these experiences and adventures were made enjoyable and positive with the help of my surrogate family of fellow CRCC Asia interns and the staff here in Beijing. No problem it too great for them to help you solve.

I have loved my first week in China and am eager for what the following weeks will entail! Xai Jian!!

 

The post A Week in Beijing appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment