Monday, May 23, 2016

A Week of Endless Strolls

I’ve been getting out of class at 12:30 and having to find things to fill my days as I’m the only intern I know of that is just doing classes. The Beijinger is a great resource to have for things to do around the city. Most of the events are hard to go to alone but the restaurants are best when alone. No talking to get in the way of eating. I’ve especially been hanging around the Hutongs near Andingmen. There are loads of small stores and interesting restaurants to find if you look hard enough.

Exploring Beijing Restaurants Beijing

I prefer this China to the one I find anywhere else, particularly the area near Wangfujing or the Commercial districts. I also ate my first cricket which I can say was a disappointing experience. The crickets also got their revenge on me the next morning.

I had my first practice with the Beijing Devils Rugby Club and I’m glad that I did. Rugby teams everywhere are essentially the same. A bunch of great people get together and beat the piss out of each other and then go have a beer afterwards. Almost all are expats too so they understand what it’s like to be new in a city like Beijing and are very welcoming.

H.Hyde Beijing

I will say that whenever I find a quiet place that I really relish the experience because they are few and far between here. In many places, the hustle bustle of progress in Beijing never stops.  So if you’ve yet to leave for Beijing, make sure to appreciate the green, tranquil places.

The post A Week of Endless Strolls appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment