Thursday, January 21, 2016

“WHAT’S UP WITH JULES?” I AM FINALLY IN SHANGHAI!

Here I am, hello!

First I better introduce myself: I am Giulia and this is my article nr. 1!

When I was asked to be a reporter and sharing my actual 3 months experience with CRCC Asia I was so glad, because writing has always been “my cup of tea” and it is also a good way to keep friends and family updated!

Well…. Let’s just start to say that I have been here in Shanghai for just about a week, so this is a sort of introduction.
I am a newly Business and Management Master college graduated from Italy and I decided to take this great opportunity to learn another language like Chinese and having an international internship abroad in Asia to be open-minded for my future career path and discover a new world.
20160110_204656
Actually, this really is a different environment from mine. I am noticing that Chinese people have a total different culture, habits, food and way of thinking that you might go through what it’s called a “cultural shock”; even though I have been living by myself in a metropolitan city like Milano for years, I find that Shanghai is way bigger and crowded, it takes time to get used to everything of this new and opposite system: I am still confused about few practical things, especially for day-routines (credit cards, wifi, transportation, where to find what I need, language, smog etc.).

20160112_134109

All the other guys from January and I have been received so warmly by Celia, Veronika, Kelley and Nicole, our referent managers here with informal and informal dinners, orientation day at the Tea House, but I realized that it’s up to you to find a sort of balance exploring neighbourhood and all the places of this unknown city with the help of others. Infact, expatriates like us need a great deal of patience, resilience and adaptability. It’s better trying to stick together, facing and overcoming difficulties with someone else, because this seems a big city that has a lot to offer for work, fun, atmosphere and culture.

After keeping up with Chinese classes, from now on I am going to visit the city more and way better, but I have already done some walking around. Have a look at the photos: the Bund and the lovely Pearl Oriental Tower at night, Lujiazui IFC area and Nanjing Road!

See you next week, guys: stay tuned for more news from Shanghai!  Bye bye

G.

The post “WHAT’S UP WITH JULES?” I AM FINALLY IN SHANGHAI! appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment