Tuesday, January 26, 2016

< WHAT’S UP WITH JULES? > – WEEK 2

Ni hao guys!

Now that the second week has been finishing, I proudly can say that I haven’t lost myself again during the last days! The metro (better known here as “ditiè”) has no more secrets for me, I gotta thank some apps: technology does save your life!

I can’t really state that every single issue is solved (cold air draught in the room, crazy weather, house tools, mobile connection), probably I’ll always miss something and habits are definitely going to change, but when you stay in another country like Asia, all you need is practicality, time management and willing to embrace a new way of living (or at least, willing to try). Slowly I am beginning to evaluate this as a big real opportunity to challenge and improve myself from all the points of view.

Things are truly going to be fine in the end: just be ready to whatever comes and be confident. You always find someone from your program or even outside who’s able to help you.

In a short period miracles are impossible, but my classes at Mandarin House are improving a little: starting as beginner with no previous related studies can be a “shot in the dark “, especially if in your first three days of lessons you had to catch up two weeks program’s information to join your actual study group, like it happened to me. You should have the passion and the perseverance to learn a total different language (also making friends with someone who’s already fluent can be a lucky Godsend).                                       With a step-by-step Mandarin class I started with “pinyinyi”, the translation of Chinese pronunciation; at the beginning you’ll feel like a total dumb I assure you, but day by day you’ll also experience the happiness of speaking one full correct sentence in Chinese and the nod of your teacher who says “Hao!” (= good!).

My advice is to practise as much as possible with anyone: taxi drivers, waiters, people in the hotel, at the metro station, ecc.

As I wrote last time, I was going to visit the city and surroundings: pubs and nightclub are very nice but I also visited a lovely city called Hangzhou, not very far from Shanghai. The cold weather didn’t really make me and my friends enjoying the trip at 100% but we had the chance to taste a typical beverage (steamy hot tea with milk and sesame) and the atmosphere was so peaceful, especially the West Lake at sunset: it impressively resembles the Italian Lake Como.

Stay tuned for more news from Shanghai!
12620902_10153855997303744_988845338_o
12596977_10153855997473744_1183176057_o

The post < WHAT’S UP WITH JULES? > – WEEK 2 appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment