Thursday, June 30, 2016

Beijing So Far

 Beijing-city-lifeSo far we have been in Beijing for about a month, which means I am about halfway through my trip and internship. The whole experience is going by way too fast and it is hard to believe that it is half done. So for this blog, I wanted to reflect on my impressions of China and my time here for the first month.

China is a beautiful place with an amazing cultural heritage. It is amazing to me that you can go Beijing-Christine-Phelpsfrom the urban city of Beijing with KFCs and a crazy amount of cars to an ancient, historical temple several centuries old on the same street. Or, there are lakes and rivers edged into different places in the city, giving a natural feeling among the urban sprawl. I love how on almost every street you go on in Beijing you can see a nod to China’s historical culture among the urbanization and that they have successfully held on to their traditions for so long. The city is also set up in a very organized way that it is very easy to get around. People are always busy and moving from place to the next. This gives the city a very fast-paced energetic vibe. That is something else that I really like about Beijing.
There is always something to do or see or experience and though it may seem exhausting the energy of the city helps you to keep moving. Overall, I am greatly enjoying my time here and I cannot wait to experience more. From the great food to the beautiful parks and temples, Beijing is definitely gorgeous and fascinating city to stay in for two months.

The post Beijing So Far appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment