Thursday, June 30, 2016

Firsts

This week was full of very exciting firsts for me. At my internship this week I had an amazing opportunity to visit the Dutch embassy in Beijing. I work at an NGO and we often cooperate with international embassies when it comes to our events. Most of the embassies are located off of Liangmaqiao street in a very beautiful area. The Dutch embassy is right next to the United Nations in Beijing and that was pretty exciting to walk past as well. There is a river that runs through that area where people swim and relax. There is a little park area where people can eat lunch and play games.

Though I was not allowed to take pictures of the embassy, I did get pictures of the river and park area. Going to the embassy was really exciting for me because I love international politics and I hope to eventually work at an embassy or work with them such as in an NGO. I’ve also never been inside an embassy before, so it was exciting to see one and observe how NGOs interact with embassies.

-Liangmaqiao street-Beijing

 

My second first is that I got to see the Great Wall of China for the first time. We went to a less tourist area of the wall called Jinshanling. Though the hike up was difficult the view was amazing. The part we were at was one of the longest stretches of the wall still intact and it is amazing to think of all the craftsmanship that went into building the wall. It was an incredible experience.                                    Great-Wall-Beijing        Jinshanling-Great-Wall-Beijing

 

Overall, this week has been full of amazing experiences and I feel incredibly lucky to have had these opportunities.

The post Firsts appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment