Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Quest of Burgers

This month is the Beijing Burger Cup and I’ve been on the hunt for the best burger in town. I’ve made it my personal mission and have put my waistline on the line to provide the people with what they need: information. I could realistically never try every burger in Beijing (seriously, there’s too many to get to) but I’ve visited many places that have been recommended to me. All around town, restaurants have had good deals to lure in people to try their burgers. As a proud red-blooded American, I can say what is and isn’t a good burger. Some burgers I’ve had here are not good, but some are actually better than some burgers I’ve had in America (not all of them, of course.)

My awards are as follows: First place is a tie between Slowboat Brewery and Plan B. I couldn’t make a solid decision either way, but trust me both have very good burgers. There is no second place, because if you’re not first, you’re last.

At Slowboat I had their Fryburger. It’s a juicy burger on a soft bun with cheese and a fry. Very good meat, which is not easy to come by in Beijing burgers. At Plan B I had the Sumo Burger, a burger with sliced cucumbers, wasabi, and spicy mayo. It’s a burger flavor I’ve never had before, but I can tell you that I happily inhaled it. I do have to say that Slowboat’s fries are far better, although neither had the soggy, floppy fries that I found at places like Ahava.

I suggest when you get here to try a lot of different food, because Beijing is a real melting pot of cuisines. You can find everything from American, French, Israeli, Iranian, Pub Style food, Street food, etc. I believe that food is one of the simplest but most revealing way to travel the world.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures this week. Sorry. I tried to make space on my phone and had a lapse in judgement and just deleted everything!

The post Quest of Burgers appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment