Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Successful second week…

After a long weekend visiting Guangzhou, climbing Wutong Mountain and celebrating Dragon Boat Festival, I returned to my placement at the Chiropractic clinic to learn about alternative medicinal techniques! The First Chiropractic Spinal Wellness Centre is located in the Nanshan district and is an American style chiropractic centre, practicing various services like soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation therapy, sport injury therapy, exercise therapy and lifestyle counselling. After a week of working here I have already explored these practices in-depth and shadowed staff to enhance my knowledge about techniques and interaction methods. Working at an international clinic I have had the opportunity to meet and interact with patients from all the over the world. From the information and knowledge I have acquired I have already created a monthly newsletter to be distributed to the patients and interested public through WeChat and other sources.

After a long week at work from 9:00-18:00 everyday, the weekend finally arrived and we hired a private car to visit the Xichong Beach located within Dapeng National Park. To its north is Mount Qiniangshan, the second largest mountain in the city which contributed to the beautiful seaside scenic views. Xichong on the east coastline of Shenzhen, was one of the most beautiful beaches I have visited with clear sky, greenery around the blue sea and white sand with breath-taking views of the mountain. After a day of sunbathing, swimming, sand castles and lots of fun, I had my first experience of Chinese KTV with co-workers. KTVs are karaoke bars with private rooms for about 6-10 people with a big screen, speakers, microphones, food and drinks. The price was very decent when shared amongst everyone and it runs past midnight. I strongly recommend it to everyone because I had a great experience singing my heart out to both English and Chinese songs. The rooms were decorated in a very royal Chinese style and the atmosphere gets heated up very quickly with everyone enjoying the drinks and the variety of song choice provided.

beach

One of the advantages of doing the program through CRCC Asia is the different cultural programs they offer each week. Last Sunday we had a community outreach event with the kids of Springfield Studio on an outdoor art project held in Lianhua Mountain. It was very exciting to work with the kids and talk to their parents and teachers about the education in China and extracurricular activities they undertake. We introduced each other, played games, created paintings on wood and had lots of fun. To end my eventful week, I visited the Dafen oil painting village which offers a wide range of affordable replicas of traditional Chinese and modern paintings. Strolling along the streets I had the chance to see artists at work, shopped for art materials and got paintings framed.

painting

So that’s the wrap up of my successful second week in Shenzhen. I have a very exiting trip planned for next weekend. Stay tuned for more details about my experiences!

Komal Vadday, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom.

 

The post Successful second week… appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment