Tuesday, June 2, 2015

#2: “An Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.” – Randy Pausch

After a relatively busy week, all of us interns gradually fell into place at work. Initially, there was reluctance on my part to initiate conversations with my coworkers as no one really spoke English; however, once I did, I was pleasantly surprised. It was awkward at first, but I eased it by questioning everything and let them do the rest.

7

Throughout the week, I was able to make a trip to Dongmen market, which is great for shopping and eating. One of my peers decided it would be a spectacular idea to try turtle since we were in China, and why not?! I didn’t end up eating it, as I couldn’t stand it once I saw the hands and head, but both my peers claimed it was delicious.

8

For the weekend, a group of four of us spontaneously decided to make a trip to Hainan Island, which is known as the Chinese Hawaii. Though I have never been to Hawaii before, I reckon that Hainan – and specifically the beaches of Sanya – are as, if not more beautiful, than those of Hawaii. Upon first glance, there was clear water and great weather.

9

Throughout the weekend, we ate great food, met amazing people, and found ourselves sleeping in the airport. The highlight of the trip was when we missed the last train back to Haikou Island and had to hire a cab to make the 3-hour journey. It cost a lot, but in the end, we did not end up missing our flight, and made unforgettable memories that I know will stay with me for the rest of my life.

The post #2: “An Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.” – Randy Pausch appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment