Friday, June 26, 2015

One month In, One month Out

I have reached the halfway mark for my time here in Shenzhen, China. I have been reflecting on my time and experiences here more than I normally do. The combination of the differences in culture, food, atmosphere, and location all combine wonderfully to make a great opportunity for meditation on a daily basis. I don’t believe that one needs to be sitting in a quiet room with the perfect amount of sunlight and ambient music and “mood” to meditate; one can simply meditate while walking in a park, walking down the street or standing on a busy street corner. It just takes a little focus and a lot of being in the moment.

blog1

This past weekend was the Dragon Boat Festival and while this is a Public Holiday, I did not partake in any special activities. I did some exploring locally and found some new shops, foods, and places I didn’t know existed. Ill have to admit, if I have not already done so, I am always surprised how the city of Shenzhen is in fact so modern and so green. Simply walking down the street will afford you views of lush greenery and streets and highways lined with vibrant green plant life and trees. I simply never thought it would be this way in a city that has grown by leaps and bounds in recent decades. While this city is wonderful, I have been itching to explore places outside the city or to find out some historical places or roots for the city of Shenzhen. For next week, I will tell you all about the history and location of the walled city of Dapeng and its Fortress and temples. It’s one of the most historic buildings in Shenzhen and also its historic symbol.

The post One month In, One month Out appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment