Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dajia Hao, Wo hen xihuan zheli!

I finally arrived! My name is Stephanie & I am originally from New Jersey but I moved to San Francisco to attend law school. I am so very excited to begin my legal internship through CRCC with a law firm in Shenzhen.

Travel from San Francisco to Hong Kong to Shenzhen to my apartment is just the beginning of this adventure I am living for the next 2 months. I knew that the weather would be hot but this kind of heat and humidity hit me in the face like a rock as soon as I stepped off the Ferry in Shenzhen. I am very much used to the cool and collected weather of San Francisco; I have been spoiled thus far. My apartment is beautiful, the grounds are beautiful, and I am conveniently located near a shopping center as well as a few blocks from the Metro trains that connect to all the different parts of the city my touristy heart could want to experience. Induction Day food introduced the interns to real Chinese food and my body is having its own experience in its adjustment to all the tiny differences of food from home.
image1
Similar to San Francisco, NYC, and other major cities around the world, Shenzhen has a bike share system and I was more than thrilled to buy a key card to unlock this treasure. I did some exploring of the local area but the 1st day I got the card was midday and the heat was too much for me to bear so I headed home only after about 20 minutes of riding. The bike racks are everywhere and its extremely cheap to ride one, at only 1 yuan, its a great choice for easy and fun transportation. I even use a bike to get to and from my internship being that its only about a mile away. I explored Link City and have come to the conclusion that malls are everywhere, which is a good thing because they are air conditioned and a great place to grab a snack or bubble tea and cool off or do some window shopping.

Huitou jian!

The post Dajia Hao, Wo hen xihuan zheli! appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment