Monday, June 8, 2015

Say Nihao to Shanghai!

Nihao (Hello)

Some of you may or may not know that I have secured a marketing internship in China from June 25th to July 22nd. This means I will be living and working in Shanghai for a whole month! Over the next month I will be posting a few blog posts about my time in China. It will be a place for me to reflect on my time here and also a place to share the exciting experiences I am about to undertake.

It’s hard to believe that I’m leaving in 16 days! Part of me is super excited because it’s so close but I am also really nervous!

Going to a new country where I won’t know anyone is a massive adventure but can also be kind of scary, as I won’t know anyone or the language. Thinking about what I will achieve by going and the unforgettable experiences I will have while I’m there is what is keeping me going.

Of course there are things, which I will miss back here. The hardest thing for me to leave behind is my cat, named Phoenix. He is my special boy! He’s a 14-month-old ginger cat and I spend as much of my free time with him as possible. I swear I’m not a crazy cat lady! (haha). I mean look at that face? How can you resist?

Phoenix

There are a few things running through my mind about the trip:

  • I need to learn as much Chinese as possible
  • I have absolutely no idea what to pack
  • I have no idea what to expect from my host company
  • Will I get to travel and see parts of China during me trip

I have been reading through previous interns blogs and safe to say they are all having an amazing time. One account said that one month wasn’t long enough and she felt as though she was still a tourist rather than living and working in China. I’m not sure if I will feel the same way but I know I am excited to try and cram as many experiences into this month as I can. I know I’m certainly ready to gain valuable work experience and contacts in my chosen field as well as making some life long friendships with other interns!

Zai jian

(see you again)

The post Say Nihao to Shanghai! appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment