Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bright Lights, Big City

I can barely believe the third week of my stay in Shenzhen is coming to an end. Time passes quickly in China. This week was amazing, but the weekend was even better. Early Saturday morning we left for Honk Kong. It was not a long trip, as Shenzhen is only 17km away from Hong Kong, but going through the immigration took some time.

It is hard to describe Hong Kong in words and sentences. Once we got out of metro and walked on the street, we met a lively, HUGE, and bright city. Aside from the one-of-a-kind skyline, floating island and enchanting dim sunlight, Hong Kong offers a perfect mixture of different cultures and harmony in which these differences persist. The very first thing we wanted to see was the famous Hong Kong skyline from Victoria Peak. It was even better than I could ever imagine, and the place offered the feeling of peace and excitement at the same time.

1

Everything in Hong Kong is a new experience, even when one does things that he or she already done somewhere else. The tram ride to the top of Victoria Peak was more than interesting. First, because of the number of people that fit inside the vehicle; secondly, because of the slope on which the tram was moving. While we, the foreigners, had our most serious faces on, Chinese were relaxed and enjoying their ride. Watching the city from the highest point of the Victoria Peak was breathtaking. I made memories for the life as the skyscrapers lit up.

This week was unusual for another reason. We had a professional photo shoot at work. It was a full treatment as included make-up and hairdressing. It made me feel good, because I know that I will remain a part of company, at least a little bit after I am gone, since some of the photos will be used for the company’s website.

I have just a couple of days left at work and in Shenzhen, and I think I will use those to relax and shop. This city has so much to offer. I am looking forward to the adventures in my last weekend!

The post Bright Lights, Big City appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment