Tuesday, August 11, 2015

拜拜啦 Shenzhen!

Week by week – I can’t believe it’s been four weeks! It is time to say goodbye to Shenzhen. This has been one of the most interesting, inspiring, exciting, and important adventures of my life. Let me elaborate this further. I now have a professional, international working experience. I have connections and colleagues in China. I became familiar with Chinese people and culture, and most importantly – I met some great young people with whom I shared my concerns, happiness, enjoyment and work this past month. The other interns come from all over the world, and I am happy to know that I have somebody to eat dinner with, if I ever happen to be staying in their cities.
image1
This last week has been very productive, as on Friday I presented the project I have been working on this month. Positive feedback from my colleagues and advisors confirmed that it was worthwhile to be here and work with them. This week was also emotional in many ways. After a long and relaxing walk along the Shenzhen Bay with my colleagues, we had a dinner at a traditional Chinese restaurant in one of the best parts of the city. All of the dishes were prepared in the traditional Chinese way, and for some reason (maybe because I had so much fun talking to my colleagues), the food was the best I had in China.
image1 (1)
Just a few meters from our restaurant, a music fountain (one of the biggest in the world) was “dancing” with the world’s most famous music. China is a special combination of East and West. Starting from Chinese people with Western names, cities built according to Western styles, and international stores and restaurants, everyone here found something that made them feel “at home.” On the other hand, traditional China can be felt and “smelled” on every corner. Chinese like to eat, so the street food and small restaurants can be found everywhere. The traditional experience is complemented by Chinese language, traditional decorations, and the types of transportation that are different from other cultures.
011
I have to say goodbye to my friends and the city with the feeling of sadness, but at the same time, I am aware that my experiences here can only help me in my future endeavors, as it made me more mature and enriched my personality. I recommend China to all those who are looking for adventures, changes, responsibilities, and international experiences. Zhù hǎo yùn!

The post 拜拜啦 Shenzhen! appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment