Friday, July 17, 2015

Noodle Making and Beijing Zoo!

LGpalOn Monday I went to a workout class with my manager near our work and got our sweat on! It was a fast paced dance work out class that exhausted me for the rest of the week. It was great fun but I think after my rock climbing adventures it was slightly too much for my body to cope with! On Tuesday we went to Solana Lifestyle Park after work and got some dinner at ‘Sex in da City’. It was the best thing I’ve eaten since I’ve been here. Here’s a picture of my friend Mason; we have become great friends as he studies economics at his school in America which as a subject has always intrigued me. I am constantly learning from not only Beijing, but the amazing and array of different people I meet here as well.
There was a nice opportunity to meet and get to know some of the newer interns at a noodle making class later on in the week. We went to a restaurant and were taught how to make noodles by twisting them around our fingers and making them into either long and thin or ribbon style noodles. Luckily the ones we ate for dinner were already cooked by the professional chef as I don’t think noodle making can be added to my list of talents. It was so much harder than it looked and much more complicated than a pasta making machine.

LGanimalWhen the weekend came around we decided to go to Beijing Zoo. This was a great decision as it was such a good day. The cost of entry was only 20 Yuan, so around two pounds which is a huge contrast to UK zoo prices. There were some beautiful animals that were all reasonably well looked after, which was a big relief for me as I was worried and apprehensive about their living conditions.

This weekend was so hot, reaching around 38-40 degrees Celsius. Therefore on Sunday it was far too hot to venture far away from the accommodation and I decided to have a shopping day, buying souvenirs for people at home in the 798 art district where the accommodation is located. I thought it would be a great idea to get a portrait for my mum, however the artist was drawing me for around 45 minutes in the heat and I thought I was going to faint sat down on the seat! It didn’t help that we became a great attraction, with around 20-30 people stood around cowering over us watching the portrait come to life.

LG798
I managed to have a nice day alone, which after spending the last 6 weeks with people every day was strangely quiet. There was some cool art that I saw in the area as well as cute cafes and restaurants, where you can get freshly squeezed juice made in front of you. For dinner I met up with some friends and we went for (more) burgers. It was our last night all together at the weekend since some people are going home on Friday. I can’t believe it is all coming to an end and there’s nothing I can do to slow down time. Coming here has honestly been the best decision I have ever made, and even missing my graduation on Friday has been worth it for the experience that I have been privileged to have.

The post Noodle Making and Beijing Zoo! appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment