Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 2 in Beijing

I’ve now been in Beijing for two weeks and I am quickly adapting to the culture, which was initially very shocking. I never thought there’d be a day when I’d be used to people spitting in the street, but that day has come. Things like this were at first quite disturbing but have now become part of everyday life for me as in intern in Beijing. I can now cross the road comfortably and when it comes to eating random street food… No problem!

The language barrier can be tricky at times, so I’ll definitely make an effort to brush up on my Mandarin skills before my next visit to China (and there will be a next visit). But I see this as an opportunity to develop my charades skills.

This weekend consisted of the world’s longest queue to see the body of Mao, a famous Chinese leader who has been preserved for nearly 40 years. A visit to the temple of heaven and the Olympic park followed with some nice relaxing evenings around the 798 Art District. I’ve had some amazing Chinese banquets, in particular one with a large group of alumni from my university, the University of Newcastle. However, sometimes we just crave a good pizza!

LNP China have been very welcoming to me as an intern, I’ve even made it onto the company website! My boss has sent me to a few events since beginning work with LNP China to network within the Australian-Chinese business community. Most notably I have attended a breakfast at the Beijing Grand Hyatt with Ian Macfarlane, the Australian minister for Industry and Science. These events have been a great opportunity for me to develop my international business skills. I’ll endeavour to make my final two weeks in Beijing the best business learning experience that I can.

20150708_124107 (Medium) 20150714_190002(0) (Medium) DSC00306 (Medium) DSC00308 (Medium) LNP Website

The post Week 2 in Beijing appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment