Monday, July 13, 2015

Week #2

The second week of my stay in Shenzhen is slowly passing. So far, I have learned how to use metro and find some of the best places to dine, shop, and club in the evening. This makes me pretty independent. I am slowly fitting into the life of the metropolis, but I know there are so many things I can and should do in the next two weeks.

This is also my second week at my new job. Though the internship did not seem directly related to my major, I am learning a great deal about market research. My colleagues are extremely nice, and luckily, there are three of us from CRCC Asia working in the same office. We were lucky enough to be placed in a company that is located in a brand new business complex, so we get to see many different business profiles and understand culturally different ways of living and working. One of my favorite parts of the day is the lunch break that we always spend with Chinese colleagues. They are always willing to suggest different foods and explain what they might taste like.

Mirna2

This past weekend was hilarious, as on Friday night we went clubbing in one of the best (according to Chinese people I have talked to) of Shenzhen’s night clubs. They put up different performances, and we danced the night away. The next morning we were up and ready to hit the Window of the World, a popular theme park in the western part of the city.  It has about 130 reproductions of some of the most famous tourist attractions in the world. The place was perfect! One really does feel awesome when able to “see” some of the most important architectural creations in the world, in 3 hours or so. We kissed on the Rialto Bridge in Venice, climbed up the Eiffel Tower, prayed in front of the Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed, and sang in front of the Sydney Opera House. Now, I feel like I must see all these sites in real life!

This coming weekend we are going to Hong Kong. I will keep you posted!

The post Week #2 appeared first on CRCC Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment